Edition of 25
Edition of A/P: 2
Paper type: Archival quality
Image size: 5″ x 6″
AKA: Russian Church, Sitka
Hand pulled by the artist from the original endgrain maple block on an Ettan etching press at Sitka, Alaska, July, 1992.
Featured in the book Raven Town AKA Sitka.
This is the original St. Michael’s Cathedral, built by the Russians in the 1840s and dedicated or consecrated in 1849. It burned in 1966 and the present structure is a replica of fire proof concrete. Some time before the original church burned the National Park Service had exact plans of the structure drawn thanks to some far sighted bureaucrat.